Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Coming Home


This summer has been insanely hot.

Our grass is all brown.

My flowers are all dead.

Even the hosta, that I used to swear would make it through a nuclear attack are on their last leg.

Hot weather in our household generally means air conditioning at night and little to no snuggling for fear of being stifled by the mere touch of each other.  Even Skittles refuses to get on the bed with us, it’s that hot.

Last night though?  Last night we had some relief.  The temperature finally dropped below the 900 degree mark and as we rushed around the house throwing open the windows I had a smile on my face just knowing what a fantastic night of sleep we were going to get.

It didn’t take long for Randy and I to find each other and curl into one another like we haven’t done in so many weeks.  It was like coming home.