Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chilly Mornings


Chilly mornings make me happy.

Especially in August.  Even more especially after the hottest summer I can remember in a long time.

 (*sidenote – I am in no way complaining about the heat, sun, wonderfulness that was this summer…yes, I know snow is coming…yes I know I’ll complain about that eventually.  Put your pitchforks away.)

As I walked the three blocks to my office wearing my cute little khaki jacket I recalled some of my favorite summer memories.

Taking Keagan to the beach and urging him to make friends with the little girl next to us that was building sand castle by herself.

Sharing a bottle of wine with Randy overlooking Glenora’s vineyard on our anniversary.

Watching our cousin get married in what may have been one of the most beautiful wedding’s ever.

Seeing our son, covered head to toe in dust, ice cream and happiness at the State Fair with his Grandmother, Uncle and cousins.

Exploring Atlanta with some of the most amazing women I’ve ever had the opportunity to meet.  Along with Bloody Mary’s and an airport wine get together.

We had a pretty great summer and I wouldn’t change a thing.

But even knowing that this summer was probably one of the best …I am still looking forward to all that is in store for us this fall.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a nice post in an interesting line of content.Thanks for sharing this article, great way of bring such topic to discussion. Bridal saree

Unknown said...

Simply wanna remark which you have the very decent website, We like the pattern it really stands apart. Bollywood saree

Unknown said...

Reader,
If you are enjoying this blog, I just know that you will enjoy mine. Stop by youknowbeautifulness.blogspot.com and see for yourself.
From The One & Only,
Denita

Gray Gubler said...

It is excellent.

Unknown said...

What a lovely blog, I really enjoyed reading it. I too have a new blog, and I would appreciate it if you could visit Γαστρεντερολόγοι στην Θεσσαλονίκη The blog provides information on various gastrointestinal diseases and has a forum with questions and answers for patients with problems of stomach, intestines, and liver.