Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday with Sluiter Nation - Things I Could Do Without



1. Snow – Considering we hit our record for snowfall back in December, I’d like to think this one is pretty self-explanatory. So, Mother Nature? Yeah, enough is enough already.

2. Bikinis in February – Do we really need another reminder that the holiday cookies and eggnog are still residing at our midsection? And thighs. And butt.

3. Toddler Tantrums - How do those little vocal chords reach such high sound frequencies?

4. Decaf Coffee – This ranks right up there with non-alcoholic wine and sugar free chocolate. What’s the point?

5. Designer Dogs – I know I’m not the only one that tears up when the ASPCA commercials come on. With all the animals in shelters that need a safe and happy home I’m forever dumbfounded as to why people will spend thousands of dollars on a dog that is more high maintenance than I am. Please, please, please adopt a dog or cat in need. Check out www.petfinder.com or your local shelter.

6. Calliou - I don't know what it is, but I have a deep seated hatred for that bald, whiny, four-year-old. It may have something to do with the theme song that is once again stuck in my head.

7. Clutter - My house seems to be in a constant state of disarray. It makes me twitch a little. Please make it stop.

8. Over-sharing - There is no need for me to know about your upcoming GYN appointment co-worker I don't know all that well. No reason at all.

9. Crib climbing - It's really great when you realize your child can not only get out of his crib by himself, but also refuses to sleep in a big-boy bed. It's pure awesomeness.

10. Winter Clothes - While I love my sweaters, I'm dying for the days of light dresses and short sleeve cardigans. Here's hoping the groundhog was right this year.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I HATE Callilou! i heard his name actually means bald in swedish. but why? WHY IS HE BALD?

ACK!

Julie S. said...

I don't like Cailou either. That show just bothers me. what kind of a NAME is that anyway?