Friday, November 19, 2010

Follow Friday - LCW from Waking Up Williams



I cannot believe that 1) we are over 1/2 way through November and 2) next week is Thanksgiving. Where did this year go?

I'd like to start off this morning wishing my Gramp a VERY happy birthday! Love you Gramp!

Also, a little housekeeping business ~ I'll be out of town next Friday but will be back the following week with a new Featured Follow Friday Blogger. I would LOVE to feature some of my readers so please, please, please comment here or shoot me an email to get started!

This week's Featured Follow Friday Blogger makes me laugh on a regular basis. Plus? We are kindred spirits in our love of routine, schedule and {self-diagnosed} OCD.

Please welcome LCW from Waking Up Williams and check her out!



Who are you (name/blog/things we should know)?

I'm LCW, or Lindsey. My parents call me Lindsey, and well most people who I introduce myself to know me as Lindsey, but LCW is just kinda my thing on the blog. I write on Waking up Williams, my husband is JPW and our daughter Ryann is REW. I am passionate about everything, which can be a blessing and a curse. I am self diagnosed OCD, I've been caught cleaning out the inside of my vaccuum cleaner with soap and water. I write about our poopy messes, life with a baby and two big dogs and well pretty much everything else that entails waking up, Williams.


What got you started blogging and what do you blog about?

I started blogging to keep our out of state family members up to date on our pregnancy and share stories with them about me living apart from my husband (he traveled for work). Or sometimes,the crazy stories about my neighbors and how my dogs made attempts to protect me while out on our daily walks. We're also huge nerds, so it was fun to learn how to design our blog and learn all the coding behind it.

If you were another person would you be friends with you?

I would be friends with me, how's that for a shameless friend plug. I'm nerdy, funny, clumsy and I care about others. Also, I don't take life to seriously and I'm dependable. I'm starting to sound like a personal ad, but really I'm a great friend! So yes, I'd be friends with me.

What are you most looking forward to about being a mom to a toddler?

My baby is a baby, she will never grow up and be a toddler. Noooo!!! Well how's that for denial?? But if she must grow up, I am looking forward to the conversations, hearing the wonder and amazement in her voice when she discovers something new. I can't wait until she can walk and hold my hand and tell me all her toddlerhood secrets.

You’ve been given the opportunity to go back in time and spend the day with
one person. Where do you go and who do you see?

Oh this is a tough one! I was never much of a history buff and there are family members I haven't met but heard really cool things about them. Harriet Tubman is pretty cool since she started the Underground Railroad and she was a woman. Jesus would be awesome to meet, I mean after all he is Jesus.

But I think I'd like to meet my mom's dad. My mom talks a lot about her father whom I never met, that I'd like to ride with him on the bread truck and play radio station contests. He wore white tube socks everyday, he wore black pants and white crew neck tshirts. A lot of wisdom my mom shares with me is wisdom that she grew up hearing from her dad and I'd like to visit with him and learn from him like she did.

Other than Taking It One Step at a Time, what are some of your favorite
blogs?

This is by no means my final list, however some of the regular blogs I read and miss when they don't post:
Heir to Blair
The Outdoor Wife
Raising Madison
Accustomed Chaos
The Lame Sauce
Mom Nom
O My Family
Becoming Sarah

No comments: