Friday, October 1, 2010

Follow Friday - The Paro Post



Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have been enjoying my fabulous guest posters while I'm out and about with the family.

This weeks Follow Friday featured blogger is dear and fabulously talented Becca from The Paro Post.



I met Becca {sit down for a shock} on the internet. {I do have *real* friends, I promise} Her adorable son Jax and Keagan are pretty close in age so we tended to be on the baby boards at the same time. She is just adorable. Seriously. Like you want to pick her up and put her in your pocket adorable.

And? Talented is her middle name. She is the creator of Jumping Jax Designs and I can't say enough great things about her work. I was lucky enough to commission her to do Keagan's 1st birthday invites {and I've ordered his 2nd birthday invites from her too...yes, I realize I have 5 months...shush}. I highly recommend checking her out for invitations, blog design, birth announcements, etc.

So here she is, please welcome Becca from The Paro Post. Go visit and tell her Jess sent you.

Who are you (name/blog/things we should know)?

I'm Becca. A 23 year old mom, wife, momtrepreneur, chocoholic and reformed caffeine addict. I'm obsessed with pictures, work way too much, and love what I do.

What got you started blogging and what do you blog about? I started blogging shortly after my husband and I got married in 2008. Little did I know that 3 days after my first blog post, I'd get BFP, and the blog would turn into a pregnancy journal/baby book, and a way to keep out-of-town family up to date on our life! I blog about raising my little guy and the joys and stresses that it entails.

If you were another person would you be friends with you? Yes! I like to think that I'm a good friend, and can be fiercely loyal. I'm sure I have my annoying moments, but don't we all? ;)

You have a lot on your plate; mom, wife, family, Jumping Jax Designs…how do you juggle everything and still keep your sanity?

Sanity? What's that? But really, this is something I struggle with every day. I am getting better at the balancing act, and it helps that Jax is able to occupy himself for longer than 2 minutes at a time now, so it is getting easier. I'm a list maker, organizational freak, and I have no idea what I would do without a husband who happily takes over most parenting responsibilities on the evenings and weekends. I'm learning that even 5 minutes of "me" time, whether it be relaxing on the couch or taking a quick shower to feel human again, can go a very long way.

What has been one of your most favorite parts of being a mom?

Lately, Jax is getting much more communicative (Tonight, he said "ah lab yoo"! Yeah, you can find me in a puddle on the floor!) and gives me kisses and lets me know that he loves me in return, which is just about the sweetest thing ever. I also love that sometimes I'm the only one who can make it "better" when he falls or gets hurt. Daddy might be able to get the best laughs from him, but I'll always be his Mama. :)

Other than Taking It One Step at a Time, what are some of your favorite blogs?

Oh goodness, this is a toughie! There are over 100 blogs in my Google Reader, and I think listing them all would be annoying, so I'll name a few favorites...I have LOTS more than just these though!


Life in the Fun Lane

Another Joyous Journey
Charmingly Chandler
Heir To Blair
Harper's Happenings

No comments: