Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Guest Post - Fall Fashion with Serena from Davelle Clothiers

My first guest poster is my way of "shaking things up" a bit here. I'm often times caught in a "mommy-blogger" rut and forget that there are a LOT of things that I could be writing about and that my readers would like to hear about. And since I'm a self-described clothes horse, I thought a post about this seasons fashions would be a fantastic addition.

Please welcome Serena from Davelle Clothiers. Serena and I became acquainted several months back when I was showing off some of my lia sophia jewelry. She is an absolute doll and I hope you enjoy reading her thoughts on Fall Fashion as much as I did.

~~~~~

Hi my name is Serena. Or www.twitter.com/SEEBALLERINA we are a family owned clothing store in the DC metro area called Davelle Clothiers. www.davelleclothiers.com




We specialize in custom clothing and carry name brand designers. We have our own signature collection as well, David Signature. Check us out www.twitter.com/davelleclothier and www.facebook.com/davelleclothiers.com to stay in the loop!

What is the “Hot” fall item that every woman must have this season?

A tailored to fit jacket. The tailored fit is more versatile and provides more options with regards to how it can be worn. This jacket can transition from office to evening easily.

Pair it with a short skirt or cocktail dress, a thick black belt and peep toe heels for a night on the town. Try wearing it with a pair of skinny jeans, a t-shirt and knee high slouchy boots for a day of shopping. For the office a pair of slim fitting pants, sleek black high heel pumps, a white blouse and an oversize necklace. The tailored to fit jacket is a truly versatile and stunning fashion piece that can be worn in a variety of stunning and stylish ways.

I know you love to accessorize. What are your go-to accessories this season?

Something bold and express how I’m feeling that day. I love for it to showcase my outfit. If I’m wearing brown or caramel I will add spice of color like teal and gold. You can never go wrong with adding pieces of gemstone jewelry to your collection. They are very versatile.

Definitely a great scarf is a must have. You can wrap it in many ways so it works great for day time at the office and works at night time at a cocktail event or date night with your special someone.



What trend are you hoping makes an immediate exit stage left?

Jeggings!



Jeans should never have been made into leggings. I have yet to figure why this is a hot fall trend. The lack of front pocket, makes putting anything in them impossible. Then there is the occasional boy running around looking fabulous and comfortable makes it clear that jeggings need to go!

You just got back from Fashion Week in NYC – what trend did you see on the runway that you are most excited about?

Ruffles, the DKNY show was great. Here is one of my favorites:




Any words of wisdom when choosing the right outfit to make you feel great?

Always accessorize! A little black dress can become something more with great gemstone accessories and some cute pumps! No matter if it is a day at the office or an evening cocktail event for work in your most amazing black dress, add accessories.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yeah, this post made me want to go shopping. Great post, loved it!