Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away!

In a valiant effort to get the Handy Manny theme song out of my head, this week I turned on Sprout TV in the hopes that something, anything would erase "Jump Up, Jump In" from my mind for a few minutes.

Enter Sesame Street.

Now, I haven't watched Sesame Street in years. In fact, I can't really remember ever watching it (though I'm sure I did). I know the standard characters - Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, Cookie Monster and of course Elmo. But man, are there ever a lot of new characters for me to learn.

And I'm going to have to learn them.

Why?

Because Keagan freakin' LOVES Sesame Street.

I'm talking L-O-V-E in all capital letters.

The past two days when I turn it on before heading to daycare he has dropped everything and ran to the center of the living room. Then, while Grover and Ernie are singing about whatever the heck it is they are singing about Keagan starts spinning. And running in circles. And spinning some more.

The he laughs. Oh man, does he laugh. Which makes me laugh harder. Because the spinning and laughing and running are apparently one too many things to do at once because then he falls, or runs into the couch, bounces off and laughs some more (he is totally my kid - I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time!)

So yes, we are apparently become a Sesame Street house. Hopefully that theme song isn't as catchy as the last.

::walks off humming Sesame Street theme song to self::


Damnit.

No comments: