Saturday, January 30, 2010

Well, That's a Little Better

What do we think of the new layout?

I'm html stupid and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to get this to become a three-column layout...despite my specifically picking a three-column layout template. But I digress.

But, in the long run does it really matter? Not even in the least.

So what's new guys?

I'm not really sure how, ok, really I don't want to type out a plan of action for fear that ten days down the road I'll be all "CRAP, I didn't follow XYZ for the blog even though I said I would AGAIN!" Exhibit A? 30 Day Shred. What did I make it, 3 days? Pshaw. I am going to say though I'm going to try to make it a habit to post more. I really do miss it.

My first goal? Make some more me time. It was brought to my attention, rather glaringly, the other day that I have no life.

Now I know what you are going to say, "But Jess, you have a wonderful life. You have a gorgeous husband, a beautiful baby, a family that loves you...blah blah blah." And it is true, and I know that, really.

But you know what? I haven't been out of the house sans baby other than to grocery shop or go to work in oh...11 months? Randy and I have been out to dinner maybe twice without feeling the need to carry cheerios and a changing pad since Keagan was born. It's exhausting saying "Keagan, please don't throw food at the nice lady that is bringing Mommy her wine."

Now, I can feel the death glares already from those that think I should just appreciate what I have and quit my bitching already. And do you know what I say to you? I WANT A PEDICURE DAMNIT!

So, long story somewhat shorter, I'm making a valiant effort to make more me time.

My first stop was jewelry. Jewelry? Yes, jewelry. As many of you know I recently became a lia sophia advisor.

Wait what? I got a SECOND job? For ME time?

Yes. You know what? It's awesome. Ridiculously discounted jewelry, meeting new people and basically having a party with a bunch of female, adult conversation weekly? Hell. Yes.

My next effort for me time? I HAVE to start working out again. Yes, I've lost all the baby weight (please refrain from throwing stuff at me) but I can just feel the bundle of nerves and tension that I am when I haven't worked out in, again, 11 months. I've been trying to do the treadmill in the mornings but quite frankly, mornings are for sleeping. So, while I'm still working out the mechanics of it I have made it a priority to start working on.

I know that I won't miraculously have a life overnight, but it's a start.

So that's basically it. And what's new with you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Not sure about the Chinese person though. ;o)

I agree that it is very hard to make ME time. I hope you are able to do that and start working out regularly again. When this happens, give me a call and let me know how you do it!