Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The First Kiss

Yesterday while driving home I was struck with a memory or something that I hadn't thought of in a very long time.

Randy and I met my sophomore year of college.  I was full out having fun with my girlfriends, not a care in the world other than deciding who was going to be our designated driver for the evening.  When he called me to ask me to a party a friend of his was throwing, I wasn't really expecting it to be more than a fun evening, a couple of laughs and some smooching.

Then it all changed.

I still see it perfectly.  We were sitting at the tall table over in the corner.  He looked me right in the eyes, leaned in and kissed me so gently.  The room around us disappeared, the DJ was gone, there was no one else in the world except for he and I.  To be as cliched as possible, the world stopped and fireworks went off.

The first kiss is something we all look forward to.  It is so highly anticipated that more often than not it falls flat, leaves us wondering what went wrong.  Not ours though.  Our first kiss left me wanting more. 

Sitting in traffic on my way home, reliving this moment, I was once again sitting at that tall table.  I was feeling the rapid fire emotions of happiness, amazement, terror and joy.  I was reminded of one of the many reasons why we are together and why we love each other so very much. 

I don't know what sparked that memory...but I'm so glad I have it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is very nice I like to enjoy every pages,
eastern mediterranean cruises
regards...

Yogesh Chhabra said...

any work that we do first time it becomes a magic for us and gives us full of joy,but when we do it again and again and recurring it then it changed in habit.

Unknown said...

Use code CJCASH to save 20% on your loan fee. The Cash You Need Sent in Just 1 Hour. Get up to £1500 by calling 020 3106 5575

Khrystynaaa said...

awh. You've got the whole "nostalgia of the first kiss" feeling pretty spot on! :) Great post!

Anonymous said...

The POLO T-Shirts For Men is a timeless fashion icon, and one that practically every person owns at least one. With the choices that are now available, the polo shirt will likely continue to be a fashionable choice for years to come.Other POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men POLO Shirts For Men POLO Sweaters For Men Polo for women polo long sleeve for women

BermySwag said...

Very nice blog, I enjoyed reading it.

How about you check out mine?
http://casiansblog.blogspot.com/

BermySwag said...

Very nice blog, I enjoyed reading it.

How about you check out mine?
http://casiansblog.blogspot.com/

Recipe.com said...

Fantastic expression of your feelings! You are a really fabulous.
Recipe

Unknown said...

The first time ofr anything is always pretty special and becomes a memory to pull out at different times of your life and relive. Life is full of many firsts ... enjoy.

lovepainandothercatastrophes@blogspt.com