Friday, October 29, 2010

Follow Friday - Gretchen from Our Journey


Another Friday is upon us...and Halloween weekend at that! Do you have your costumes ready yet? What about your candy? {FYI - I do not have a costume, and I also fail in the candy department.}

This weeks Follow Friday featured bloggers is one of the many mom-of-multiples that I am forever in awe of. I mean, one I can handle...but two {or three???} No way man.

Gretchen from Our Journey was kind enough to share some of her wisdom and charm and I urge you to check her out!




Who are you (name/blog/things we should know)?

I'm Gretchen and my Blog title is Our Journey (So original, I know), at http://Lilbumpkin.blogspot.com . I am a stay-at-home-mom to two wonderful boy/girl twins, Kaylie and Cavan (pronounced like Gavin with a "C"). I'm married to my best friend who I met when I was 6 and married 20 years later!


What got you started blogging and what do you blog about?

I started blogging shortly after my miscarriage last year. I wanted and needed a place to just let out all the emotions I couldn't show in person. So I wrote it and hit publish. It was the best therapy I'd had. Then my husband and I decided to try for a baby again and got pregnant right away with twins! So I have pretty much blogged about their "Journey" from day 1. I do blog from time to time about myself, just as a way to have some "Grown-up Time" if you will. I do have a couple of pages on my blog that I've added on over time; My 101 in 1001 challenge which is a list of goals I want to accomplish in 1001 days and my Project 365 where I take a picture everyday for a year to chronicle the happenings in my life day by day.


If you were another person would you be friends with you?

Of course! I think I'm a pretty fun person to hang around. I try not to be mopey and just give me a little sangria or a mojito and I'm even more entertaining!

As a mom of multiples you must be a master multi-tasker. What are some of your trade secrets that help you keep your sanity?

Haha, I'm pretty sure my sanity went out the window shortly after that blessed day in March. But in all honesty, a lot of it is just keeping an open mind with everything. It's nice to set goals as far as keeping schedules, getting things done, and life in general. But I always keep it in the back of my mind that not everything is going to go according to plan, and you know, that's ok. It will all get done...eventually.

What is something you swore you would never do when you became a parent but found out it must be done?
I swore that I would never co-sleep with my babies. It was for no other reason than we have the dogs sleeping in our bed and with a Queen size bed, it's already a bit crowded. Now we definitely don't do this often, but there are nights when one of the twins will wake up at say 3:00am and just want to play. So I scoop them up and lay them next to their Daddy, put the TV on and let them pull his hair, smack his face, and steal his pillow, while I go back to sleep :)

Other than Taking It One Step at a Time, what are some of your favorite blogs?

Well other than Taking it One Step at a Time, and some of the big ones everyone knows about (ahem Heir to Blair and The Pioneer Woman) I would have to say that these are my top 3 blogs I love to read:

Shelby at First Comes Love Then Comes Baby? (http://mylifeoutoforder.blogspot.com/)
Jenn at West Sac Honey (http://westsachoney.blogspot.com/)
Taylor at The Undomestic Momma (http://www.theundomesticmomma.com/)


~~~
PS - I'm looking for more Featured Follow Friday Bloggers so please shoot me an email at TakingItOneStep@gmail.com if you are interested!
Happy Friday!

No comments: