Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Monday

I am already out of ideas for dinner this week. How sad is that? I don't even know what I have in the freezer to take out because it took me three hours...yes THREE FREAKIN' HOURS to grocery shop on Saturday. What usually takes me a maybe 45 minutes took me THREE. HOURS.

How is this possible you ask? I'll show you in an easy equation.

Grocery cart + newly walking toddler that refuses to do anything but walk including riding in said cart = mommy sweating and close to tears by the cereal aisle.


It was rough. Needless to say Keagan won't be joining me at Wegmans again any time soon.

That being said, I have one recipe on tap for this week. Thankfully it is for tonight.

Shrimp, Spinach and Tomato Pasta with Parmesan

Ingredients:

Shrimp (I use the frozen salad sized shrimp - thawed)
1/2 bag of baby spinach, chopped
1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (I use the garlic and basil flavored)
3/4 can of low sodium chicken broth
Italian seasoning
Garlic
Olive Oil
1 box of pasta (I rotate between penne and angel hair)
Parmesan cheese (not that powdered crap either)

Set water to boil for pasta.

In large skillet warm olive oil. Add garlic. Simmer until fragrant.

Add chicken broth and shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes.

Add tomatoes and stir in Italian Seasoning.

Set heat to low and simmer for a few minutes.

In the meantime, boil pasta until done. Drain and return to pot.

Add shrimp and stir until wilted. Remove from heat and pour over pasta. Toss to mix.

Serve with fresh parmesan.

Enjoy!

No comments: