Friday, February 13, 2009

Another Update

Ok, a couple of things

1) Blood pressure, swelling and protein levels are down which is good news.

Dr. still wants me out of work.

2) Baby is still breech.

We have a couple of options right now. On Monday we have another appointment where my fluid levels will be checked and we'll check to see if he has moved at all. If not, we are going to go ahead and try an external version on Tuesday, which is basically them trying to get him to move by messing with my stomach.

There are some possible problems with this, ie, his heart rate could drop and we would have to have an emergency c-section immediately.

Another possible problem is that he just won't move at all, in which case the Dr. wants to get him out via c-section the following week. She isn't really very optimistic that the version is going to work b/c it is my first child and the fluid levels are so low, but would like to at least attempt it before jumping right into a c-section.

So, good news, stats are stabilizing. Not so great news, we still are looking at a possible c-section. Of course we could go in Monday and show that he has moved, that fluids are back up and that I'm progressing normally and all of this would be a moot point. Once again, we're in a sit and wait situation.

I'll keep everyone updated and thanks for the positive thoughts!!

No comments: